Travel service providers need technology for much more than creating and managing travel itineraries. Travel technology analytics should be one of the core functions of any travel technology platform.
Statistics and data relating to marketing, return on investment, conversions, call ratios, product sales data, sales data, consultant performance and client activity on your website are all critical in defining and adapting strategy for business success. This is an area where many travel technology platforms fail. Fortunately, ours is not one of them.
Pay Per Click
It is no secret that travel related keywords on pay per click are amongst the most expensive on search engines. There is also no argument over the fact that pay per click generates visitors to your website. The problem for most travel companies is that pay per click is not managed efficiently. Often, vast amounts of money are spent on key words that may result in traffic, but that fail to generate the best return per pound spent.
Our travel platform allows you to report on which search terms actually generate sales in addition to click cost to gross profit ratios for every search term. You can use this information to focus your PPC strategy on the search terms that offer the best return per pound spent. That will translate into additional revenue and reduced costs.
Identifying the return per pound spent on marketing allows travel service providers to determine which campaigns are successful and which ones are not. Our platform allows you to:
- Track client activity from the moment they first land on your website.
- Determine which marketing activity resulted in an individual coming to your website
- Identify what products users looked at online and which products resulted in them proceeding further.
Our data allows you to identify marketing conversion rates for:
- Campaign to website
- Campaign to phone call
- Campaign to sale
- Lead time from first contact to sale by marketing campaign
- Profit per pound spent by marketing campaign
This data helps travel service providers more effectively select the most profitable marketing platforms, determine best timing for campaigns and identify which products to promote during different seasons.
Sales Consultant Statistics
Every sales consultant will have their strengths and weakness. Our software allows you to:
- determine which marketing campaigns, products and types of customer convert into sales,
- identify which sales consultants do best with which type of lead.
- deliver training to enhance gaps in ability or knowledge
- route specific enquiries to the sales consultant most likely to convert an enquiry into a sale.
Our travel platform will report on:
- consultant sales by date, destination, specific product and much more.
- consultant efficiency statistics, conversion statistics by consultant and consultant error reports.
- Performance by team and division
- Gaps in productivity, performance and efficiency between departments
Investing in promoting the products that do well not only helps travel service providers increase sales for that particular product, but it also allows them to learn about why some products do better than others. This information can often be used to improve sales of products that don’t do so well. Our travel platforms allows you to report on product sales by destination, season, sales consultant, marketing initiative, type of customer, customer location, and any other field of data that is held within the system.
We have integrated our system with Tableau. We have a range of Tableau reports that come as standard. In addition we can customise any Tableau report you require based on the search criteria and output you specify.
- Sales by airline and destination
- Sales by product or vendor
- BSP Analysis
- Room nights report
- Advanced reg sales
- Sales Consultant Statistics
- Sales by demographic
- Sales by marketing channel or campaign
- Financial transaction reports
- Quote Activity
- Sales Analysis
- Airline ticket performance by cabin or class
- Hotel performance by room type
- Vendor Payments Report
- Debtor analysis
Using the API from Google Analytics, we provide rich statistics and data that enable you to structure your strategy to drive efficiency, increased margins and higher profits. The possibilities of the structured data we can output are endless and most clients of ours choose reports that are uniquely tailored to their needs. Examples of reports include:
- Visitor Acquisition Efficiency
- Customer Behaviour
- Customer interaction with destinations, products & pricing
- Content Efficiency
- Time and day performance
- SEO performance
- Keyword Analysis
- Search to Book Analysis
- Search to enquire Analysis
- Campaign Reports
- Revenue Attribution
- Email Marketing Performance
- Social Media Engagement
- Audience Engagement Insights
- Sales performance by demographic and location
- Product performance
With our telephony platform we can provide rich data and statistics on the performance of contact centre staff. Examples of reports include:
- Conversion statistics by staff member
- Productivity reports
- Conversion by product, demographic, location
- Sales performance by product area and staff member
- Call traffic volumes by day and time
Social Media Analytics
The power of social media for driving engagement in the travel industry is well recognised. Leveraging the power of social media effectively through data analysis is less understood especially by small and medium size travel businesses. Using APIs from the social media platforms, we can provide a number of reports that can help change strategy and increase efficiency, sales performance and conversions. Our reports don’t just look at the basic reach, clicks, likes and engagement statistics. We use this data and then cross reference it with the database to determine how these statistics relate to enquiries, conversions, sales and margins. Example reports include:
- Follower growth and impact on margins
- Margin by product and channel
- Influencers that drive sales conversions
- Reach rate and conversions on specific campaigns
- Engagement and performance per post
- Referrals that lead to sales
We offer a range of business intelligence analytics. The most commonly used are listed below, however we can generate any custom business intelligence reporting required by your business.
- Automated BSP Reconciliation
- Currency Hedging
- Forward currency requirements
- Fluctuations in pricing from suppliers between Sale and Non Sale periods