Client Self Service
As technology has evolved, travellers have become used to self-management functionality from their travel providers. Client self-management reduces the human resource burden on travel organisers and allows technology to do the work previously undertaken by humans. Our travel platform has been designed to allow as many tasks as possible to be completed by the client and thus reduce the need for after sales calls.
The self-management functions become available to clients from the moment a quote has been created for them- either through the call centre, in a retail outlet or on the web.
Confirming a booking
If a client has had a quotation, this will be accessible from a“my booking” page. The client can confirm the booking and pay their deposit or the full balance where required. If the time limits for the quote have expired, the system can recheck flight/hotel availability and provide them with updated pricing.
Clients can pay their balances either before the due date or on the due date. The system will remind clients of balance payments that are due by email and text message multiple times prior to the due date.
When a client comes to the “my booking” page, they will be presented with options for all or some of the following items as applicable to the destination they are travelling to:
- Car Hire
- Airport parking
- Airport hotels
- Airport transfers
Before a client can make their payment, they will first be presented with pricing and availability for these extras and will have the option of adding these items to their itinerary. This allows travel organisers to make additional revenue from existing clients.
Clients will be provided various upgrade options on the my booking page. This will be accessible at anytime. The system will calculate the permissibility of the upgrade, any penalties payable, and the increase in costs. Users will be able to pay the additional costs and except the new rules online
Upgrade options will include
- Class of travel on flights
- Different fare from fare family in the same class of travel
- Room types at a hotel or resort
- Meal plan
- Car type or optional extras on car hire.
Processing changes is HR intensive. Many travel providers will charge administration fees to process a change, whilst others use the change fees as an income stream. Automation can provide travel organisers with competitive advantage by removing the HR costs of processing changes and therefore offering the service to their customers free of charge. Alternatively, travel providers can continue to enjoy the same revenue stream but with out the HR cost.
- The system will calculate whether changes are allowed for their travel product, and if so what the costs of the change are.
- The system will check availability for the change and present the change fees together with any additional charges that may be relevant for the change.
- The system will then process the change and issue the new confirmation, tickets and vouchers as appropriate
Subject to permissions from different providers, users can cancel flights, hotels, car hire, tours, excursions, transfers and cruises online.
- Users will be able to cancel any item on their itinerary online.
- The system will identify whether the item can be cancelled based on the rules or XML response from the supplier
- Cancellation charges levied by suppliers as well as charges from the agent or operator will be applied and presented to the client
- The client will be sent an email for validation purposes to confirm the cancellation and will have to reply to the email to confirm the cancellation.
- The cancelation will be processed online using the cancelation procedure of the supplier. For many suppliers, this will be an automated email generated to the supplier to notify them of the cancelation
- For flights, the PNR will be cancelled and processed using the GDS
Online check in, seat selection and live flight status
For airlines that provide these services, users will be able to click on a link on proceed straight to the relevant section of the third party website. Depending on the GDS your company uses, some of these functions can be completed by your client on your website without being transferred to third party sites.
E-tickets, Vouchers, Invoices and other Client Documentation
Clients will no longer need to call you to request replacement documentation. Any item of documentation that has been issued by the system will be available for the client to access in the self management module. Clients will be able to print of e-tickets, hotel vouchers, itineraries and confirmation invoices branded on with your corporate identity and in the formats defined by you.
ATOL certificates are available for your clients to view and download at anytime after the booking confirmation has been issued.